The Delight stage is typically the most challenging concept for companies to implement. Unfortunately, many organizations think the journey is over once someone becomes a customer, but that is not the case. Your customers are your greatest advocates, so it's essential to have a content journey for them as well. Happy customers can and will refer new prospects to you. Unhappy customers will do just the opposite and can deter others from purchasing your product or service because they have had a bad or even neutral experience. The Delight stage in the inbound marketing methodology puts a process in place to stay in touch with your customers by creating valuable, customer-focused content while providing seamless ways for your customers to contact you with questions or concerns.
Here are tools to use in the Delight stage:
- Email Marketing: Always remember to keep your customers updated by email as often as possible. You can keep them informed with product updates, new service offerings, new and relevant content, and even a quarterly customer newsletter.
- Marketing Automation: You can leverage marketing automation to automate an onboarding process for new customers. For example, you can use marketing automation if you are a SaaS product and want to get your customers using your tool and onboarded in the first 30 - 60 days. In addition to getting them started with a Customer Success Manager to connect with directly, you can use automated emails to send them tips and reminders to keep them engaged during this initial window in their customer journey.
- Personalized Website Content: If you're using a CMS for your website, such as HubSpot, you can customize content on your website exclusively for customers. For example, you may want to share specific content just with your customers that would not yet be relevant for prospects. By customizing your website experience, you can deliver exclusive content just for your customers to keep them engaged.
- Live Chat or Chat Bots: Similar to the above, if you're using a chat tool integrated with your CRM, you can customize the live chat and chat bot experience for customers. Leverage this technology to get your customers in touch with the right team faster and deliver content exclusively for customers as part of the automated chat bot experience.
- Videos: If you have great video content, consider videos you can create exclusively for customers. These could be training videos, tip videos, and customized content just for them. This would be content you would not be ready to share with prospects, but your customers can access this more in-depth type of content.
- Customer Ticketing System: Consider how you're servicing your customer when they have questions or want to submit a support ticket. Leverage a customer ticketing tool to automate the process of your customers submitting questions to your team, and how you assign those tickets internally to get your customers' questions answered faster.
- Surveys: It's essential to survey your customers to see what areas of the business are working to "delight" your customers, and what areas need improvement. You can do this through a simple Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Alternatively, if you want longer-form feedback, you can set up a quick survey that has a few questions asking for more specific feedback. From there, you can automate the survey responses to send to the appropriate team based on the response and score from the customer.
Making the process seamless for your customers to communicate with you and share your content with others is the key to the Delight stage. When you keep your customers happy, you allow them to share their unique stories about your company's products and services with their peers, friends, and family to grow your brand organically through referrals.
Are you looking for ways to optimize your inbound strategy? The book "Mastering Inbound Marketing: Your Complete Guide to Building a Results-Driven Inbound Strategy," written by Elyse Flynn Meyer, Owner & Founder of Prism Global Marketing Solutions, covers every aspect of the inbound marketing methodology, including the revenue generation trifecta of marketing, sales, and the customer experience. Check out the book to see how to most efficiently and effectively develop, implement, and maintain your inbound marketing strategy.