Are you looking to educate your prospects and customers, and provide them with content that is most appropriate for them? The goal of most marketing departments is to not only develop quality content, but to also drive content consumption, lead generation, and visitor reconversion on your website. In addition, content needs to be sent to prospects and customers at the right place and at the right time based on where they are in the buyer's journey. Marketing automation and inbound marketing together can help you optimize your content engagement and lead generation to achieve better digital results.
The following case study provides insight into how we worked with a healthcare client to solve the challenge of delivering the right content to the right persona at the right time.
With more and more content being produced, you need to be continually finding ways to manage, scale, and share your content that is not only helpful to your target personas, but also easy to use and simple to navigate. Our client was looking for a way for their prospects and customers to find their content and easily browse what was going to be most meaningful to them. Through a collaborative approach looking at user experience, content creation, and inbound marketing best practices, we created a consistent and branded experience for our client's website visitors to increase visits, time on page, and conversions (lead generation).
Some of the primary goals for this initiative were:
- Organize all of their content in one place for their team to manage.
- Provide customers and prospects with an easy-to-use and easy-to-find content experience that was responsive across devices.
- Deliver content in a way that is unique and differentiated so their various personas (patients and providers because they are a healthcare organization) could consume content at their own pace, and quickly find the information they need.
- Generate more qualified leads by leveraging gated content to target specific B2B buyer personas (providers, payers, and manufacturers).
- Integrate this approach with HubSpot, their marketing automation platform, to fit seamlessly into existing business processes and track content, automation, and marketing results all in one place.
With HubSpot and a comprehensive approach to their content marketing, the following results were achieved:
- Delivered a branded and more consistent content experience for their B2B personas and their patients who are seeking immediate pharmacy and healthcare information when searching online.
- Converted their B2B website visitors into leads without interrupting the content experience by gating content with landing pages, calls-to-action, and pop-up forms directly in HubSpot.
- Saved time, money, and resources by using a tool they are already leveraging, HubSpot, to save on cost and resources.
- Kept all of their metrics in one place by hosting this entire experience on HubSpot.
- Provided a way for their sales team to have easy-to-share sales collateral with their B2B personas, and a way for marketing to track the effectiveness of these internal sales resources.
Through this single content resource hub, we were able to deliver a consistent content experience, achieve significant growth in premium content offer views, increase repeat and unique visitors, drive significant content clicks, and positively impact overall content conversions. In addition, the client can now segment content based on persona, and deliver the right content experience to the appropriate visitor on the website, ensuring they get the right information when they need it most.
Here are some of the results from the first year of leveraging HubSpot for their resource hub:
- 808% increase in unique website visitors by sharing this new content and resource hub through their website, on social media, and through email marketing.
- 411% increase in eBook, white paper, and reference chart views with the ability to actually track engagement using document metrics in the HubSpot sales hub.
- 540% increase in clicked links by boosting overall engagement with content delivered in a more strategic and organized fashion.
- 1899% increase in unique page views with an experience that encouraged further content consumption.
- 52% increase in time on resource pages with content that is more targeted to the persona, clinical specialty, and stage of the marketing journey.
- 91% increase in social shares of premium content and blog posts.
If you're looking to see how you can maximize the reach of your content, we invite you to schedule a complimentary content marketing consultation with our team.
Note: Due to confidentiality reasons, the name of this client cannot be disclosed.