SITUATION & BACKGROUND
One of our clients is a global equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) training and strategy consulting firm. Prism Global Marketing Solutions has worked with this company since May 2022 on their inbound marketing strategy, content strategy, website migration to HubSpot’s CMS platform, and organic growth. This company was looking to build a more significant online presence and get ranked in organic search for terms their prospects were likely searching to find companies that can help with their EDI training and consulting efforts. In addition, they wanted to convert more of that organic, highly-qualified traffic into sales-qualified leads for their sales team.
OBJECTIVES & GOALS
Before working with Prism Global Marketing Solutions, this company did not have a dedicated search engine optimization strategy and regular content amplification program to improve organic search and conversion from organic traffic. The primary objective of this particular project was to maximize their content efforts by focusing on the right keywords to drive qualified traffic and convert that traffic into sales leads.
To help with this, Prism Global Marketing Solutions first started with a comprehensive website audit that included:
- A complete keyword assessment of what keywords were currently driving traffic, the keywords they should target based on search volume, and a review of competitor websites. The goal was to ensure the current pages on the website were driving the right traffic based on targeted keywords specific to their business and buyer personas.
- A comprehensive optimization of their search terms by page, which included research and implementation for improvements, including:
○ Three target keywords per page based on search volume and current ranking ○ Page title
○ Meta description
○ Page header
○ Overall page content
○ Image alt text
- A complete conversion rate optimization review with recommended downloadable assets and conversion offers per page to align with the primary content on their existing website pages. The goal was to define the buyer’s journey for each website page and determine which content would best align with where a particular visitor was most likely
on that journey.
- A thorough review of the technical SEO elements, such as page loading time and mobile responsiveness, is critical to ensure a positive website experience.
- A content calendar focused on blogs and new downloadable content that would align with their new SEO strategy. Example below.
STRATEGY, TACTICS & RESULTS (DATA COMPARES JULY 2022 - DECEMBER 2022 TO THE PRIOR 6 MONTHS)
- Refreshed SEO Throughout the Website: With the complete keyword assessment and recommendations for on-page SEO, including page title, meta description, header, content, and alt text, the client saw a 317% increase in total website traffic and a 52% increase specifically from organic traffic.
Organic traffic is also the second most impactful source of traffic, leads, and conversion behind direct traffic as seen below.
- Data-Driven Conversion Rate Optimization: With unique calls-to-action driving prospects to downloadable content specifically geared toward where they are in the buyer’s journey, the client saw a 155% increase in new online leads.
- Added Dynamic & Multivariate Calls-to-Action (CTAs) to the Website: As a step beyond conversion rate optimization, we further optimized the organic traffic conversion strategy to display dynamic and multivariate calls-to-action. This means we could see if an individual had already downloaded or engaged with specific content in our marketing automation tool. From there, we could display another piece of related content instead. This allowed for organic visitors to have a personalized experience leading to increased website engagement resulting in:
- 166% increase in total CTA views
- 2114% increase in total CTA clicks
- Website Technical Optimization: The following shows the technical website improvements from a third-party website review tool. These optimizations are essential to helping a site run quickly and efficiently to optimize the user experience. The review and updates included:
- Responsiveness & Mobile Font Size
- Permission to Index & Meta Descriptions
- Plugins & Caching
- Website Security & Redirects
The charts below show July 2022 - December 2022 compared to the prior six months.
- 4100 website visits from organic traffic, resulting in 34 new clients with a 36% conversion rate from inquiry to customer conversion.
If you're looking to achieve similar results as the company featured in this case study, we invite you to speak with one of our inbound marketing experts today. We will discuss your current marketing and sales goals, how you're leveraging HubSpot, and the potential impact you could achieve when working with a HubSpot partner.