Have you heard that email marketing is a thing of the past? I'm here to tell you that's not the case. It may seem impossible to capture your consumer's attention in the seconds they are assessing your email to see if it’s worthy of opening, clicking, reading, and taking action. Email marketing that is focused and personalized can dramatically influence your email efforts.
We're going to share with you a success story about how the Seventh Sense and HubSpot integration allows you to use send-time optimization and artificial intelligence to optimize your emails. With this technology, emails can be sent on the best day of the week and at the best time of day to each of your subscribers. The following case study is based on Q1 - Q3 2020 compared to the same timeframe in 2019.
About Agricen: Agricen is a plant health technology company delivering products and solutions to promote sustainability, enhance fertilizer performance, and improve plant performance.
What Was Agricen Looking to Optimize with Email Marketing?
Personalized Communications: Marketing is about connecting on a "one-to-one" basis with your subscribers. Think about when you typically engage with an email and when your colleague engages with an email. You may be an early riser who reads emails at 5 AM, while your colleague may engage with emails at 11 PM. Sending an email to these two individuals when they will be most engaged ensures they open the email and take the desired action.
Re-engage Contacts: Since email is such a critical component to Agricen's strategy, they wanted to ensure they could re-engage dormant contacts in their database. Since it costs money, time, and resources to acquire a subscriber, they needed to stay connected by email to maximize that initial lead acquisition cost. The best way to do this is to optimize the content sent on the best day and time for that individual.
Improve Deliverability: With a large number of contacts in their database, sending a batch email could be detrimental to their email reputation by sending so many emails at one time. Seventh Sense allows us to throttle email sends, increase deliverability, and spread the load on their internal systems and sales team. By doing this, Agricen can increase its email sender reputation with email providers, improving overall deliverability.
For these reasons, Agricen, in collaboration with Prism Global Marketing Solutions, utilizes the Seventh Sense and HubSpot integration to help with these areas of opportunity.
How Does Seventh Sense Work?
Seventh Sense analyzes historical email data, builds a profile on each subscriber, and empowers marketers to send campaigns at personally optimized times.
For each mailing, Seventh Sense uses the following methods of email delivery:
1. Send Time Personalization: Seventh Sense personalizes the send time for contacts using historical data.
2. Send Time Randomization: If someone has never engaged with your email, the system will randomly pick a delivery time and weight the randomized times based on your entire audience's engagement.
What Were the Results? 🎉
Utilizing marketing automation, artificial intelligence, and analytics through Seventh Sense and HubSpot, Agricen achieved the following email marketing results.
Overall Performance of Email Marketing:
Personalizing the content of emails, and the days and times the emails send, has had a tremendous impact on their email performance this year to date.
- 93% increase in emails opened
- 55% increase in emails clicked
- 26% decrease in the hard bounce rate
- 14% decrease in the unsubscribe rate
Increased Website Views, Re-engaged Contacts & New Contacts from Email:
By increasing email open and click rates, Agricen was able to see a:
- 178% increase in their website page sessions from email marketing
- 62% increase in new contacts from email marketing
Improved Website Engagement from Email:
By increasing email engagement, Agricen has been able to see a:
- 47% increase in time spent on the website after clicking an email
- 12% decrease in the bounce rate for sessions from email
Blog Engagement from Email Marketing:
Blogs are essential for SEO, but are also incredibly impactful for email marketing. Blogs are a way to engage with your existing database and stay in front of your subscribers with helpful and unique content at a consistent rate. Agricen has seen the following impact on blog engagement:
- 112% increase in sessions to the blog from email
- 222% increase in new contacts from the blog from email
- 117% increase in time spent on the blog from email
- 9% decrease in the bounce rate for sessions to the blog from email
Performance of Emails Sent Through Seventh Sense vs. Emails Sent as a Batch:
- 40% increase in unique monthly opens
- 38% increase in unique monthly clicks
What does this mean? A significantly higher percentage of individuals opened and clicked the emails sent through Seventh Sense compared to the batch, or one-time send, emails.
- 225% increase in the re-engagement of their database of dormant individuals for at least 90 days before re-engaging in their email marketing efforts. (The following is a snapshot from Seventh Sense showing the engagement of inactive contacts from 2019 compared to 2020.)
What was the revenue impact? Agricen has seen a 20% increase in revenue when comparing 2019 to 2020 revenue numbers. 2020 is the best revenue year that Agricen has had to date! 👍Email marketing has been a significant component because more traditional marketing methods haven't been possible this year due to COVID. Agricen has been using email for increased promotion of content assets, webinars, engagement with sales, and more.
You can read additional testimonials from the Agricen team on the HubSpot Partner Directory.
Utilizing Seventh Sense has allowed Agricen to engage with email contacts in a more meaningful and personalized way, driving measurable results with their marketing and sales efforts. Email marketing touches every aspect of an organization's marketing efforts. It impacts email engagement as well as website sessions, blog engagement, customer conversion, and more.
Are you looking to see how you can optimize your email marketing efforts? Click here to learn how you can improve your email marketing.