Implementing the inbound methodology requires the right mix of marketing strategy, content, digital amplification, and actionable insights. After you implement a successful inbound marketing strategy, how do you maintain continued growth in your traffic, lead growth, and customer retention? In this case study, we outline how one of our clients leverages HubSpot with a comprehensive inbound marketing strategy to drive growth at all levels of the business.
Agricen, a plant health technology company, was looking to increase website sessions, new leads and re-engaged lead volume as a goal for 2021. With the success they saw with digital marketing during the pandemic, they wanted to continue that growth and traction into 2021 (and beyond).
As part of a strategic and integrated inbound program, we wanted to make sure the content that prospects and customers were receiving was relevant for the audience and that they were getting it when and as they needed it. We first surveyed the most engaged contacts in the database to get a pulse of the content they find most engaging and what they wanted to see in the coming months. Then we created a plan to leverage webinars, blogging, lead generation, social media, paid media, email marketing, automation, and analytics to do just that. This type of comprehensive plan drove the best quarter to date for Agricen for both website sessions and new lead volume! Agricen has worked with Prism Global Marketing Solutions for eight years, and this was the best quarter they have seen so far for both marketing and sales traction.
What Were the Results of a This Consistent and Integrated Inbound Program?
Overall Traffic and Growth Numbers:
- 63% increase in website sessions
- 223% increase in new leads
- Blogging Strategy to Drive Organic Search: In addition to a structured blogging strategy with consistent content created for targeted personas, we took this quarter to review the most viewed blogs on the site, added new calls-to-action, and reoptimized the post for SEO. This integrated approach allowed us to leverage this content for social media, email and driving organic traffic.
- 131% increase in blog views
- 4% reduction in bounce rate
- 18% increase in blog views from AMP
Blogging efforts also had an impact on organic traffic and new contacts:
- 27% increase in sessions from organic traffic
- 415% increase in new contacts from organic traffic
- Lead Generation with Dynamic Forms and Calls-to-Action: Through the promotion of content assets, there was a significant increase in landing page engagement. We helped Agricen achieve this through adding dynamic calls-to-action on relevant pages on the website, promoting content to the existing database to re-engage leads, and promoting content on social media for new lead generation.
- 31% increase in landing page views as a result of search engine optimization, CTA placement to drive traffic, and link placement throughout website and blogs back to landing pages
- 89% increase in submissions
- 44% increase in view to submission rate
- 62% increase in new contacts generated on landing pages
- Amplified Social Media Engagement: Agricen has a solid social following. We were able to amplify that through content to connect with their existing followers and drive new engagement and new leads.
- 388% increase in new contacts
- 317% increase in clicks
- 322% increase in sessions
- Facebook Lead Ads to Drive New Lead Engagement: Agricen has used Facebook ads for several years to drive engagement and new leads. With the integration of Lead Ads with HubSpot, we wanted to test how Lead Ads would perform to drive increased lead generation. By doing this, we saw the following:
- 669 new contacts generated (up 430% vs. prior quarter)
- $3.36 average cost per contact
- 42% decrease in the cost per contact of a standard Facebook ad or boosted post
The following is an example from one of the lead ad results:
- Improved Email Marketing & Marketing Automation: Email marketing has always been an essential part of the comprehensive inbound marketing strategy for Agricen. Through a combination of promoting booklets, case studies, and blogs, they saw a tremendous increase in email engagement.
- 3% increase in opens
- 6% increase in clicks
- 13% increase in website sessions
- 317% increase in new contacts
In addition, Agricen uses Seventh Sense, a HubSpot integration, to send time optimization for emails. We re-engaged over 1,400 contacts in email marketing that were dormant in email engagement over the last 90 days. This was the 2nd highest quarter ever since leveraging HubSpot (starting in 2103) for email engagement and up over 110% versus the prior quarter.
- Agricen saw a 20% increase in revenue during this quarter, and it was the most successful sales quarter the company has had to date 👍
- 1,007 New Contacts: 223% increase in total new leads
- Organic: 36% increase in new leads from organic
- Email: 317% increase in new leads from email marketing
- Social: 390% increase in new leads from social (organic social and paid social combined)
As a next step, we will be implementing HubSpot Service Hub in the next 30 days to leverage custom surveys, the Knowledge Base, and chatbot functionality to fully leverage the complete HubSpot suite of tools.
As you can see, with a consistent approach to the inbound marketing methodology, Agricen continues to see significant increases in traffic and leads. Remember that inbound marketing is not a sprint...it's a marathon. That is shown through the continued results Agricen has seen quarter-over-quarter, and over the last eight years, working with HubSpot and Prism Global Marketing Solutions.