Event marketing and webinar marketing are important parts of the marketing strategy for many organizations. Whether you attend trade shows, host in-person events, or host webinars, those types of activities are a great way to drive new lead generation, lead re-engagement, and improve customer acquisition numbers. With the current challenges of COVID-19, many companies are pivoting to webinars as an essential part of their marketing strategy to continue to drive interest and engagement.
If your company is looking to utilize live or on-demand webinars as part of your overall marketing strategy, there are many ways to integrate inbound marketing to help increase your registrations. The following case study shares how we worked with a medical device company to help drive engagement and qualified leads through webinar marketing efforts which has become increasingly important during COVID-19.
- Utilized email marketing and marketing automation to communicate with prospects:
- Drove registrants by promoting the webinar invitation to the right prospects at the right time based on where they are in the buyer's journey.
- Communicated with your registrants prior to the webinar with reminder emails and additional content that may be helpful for them to browse prior to the event.
- Engaged prospects after the event by sending the webinar recording and an invitation to connect with sales for more information.
With effective email marketing, this medical device company has seen the following registration numbers exclusively from email marketing and marketing automation:
- On average, 80% of total submissions and 50% of new contacts for live webinars driven by email
- On average, 75% of total submissions and 60% of new contacts for on-demand webinars driven by email
- Leveraged their website to promote webinars to new and existing contacts: There are tools such as HubSpot's Pop-Up forms that will enable you to put a slide-in, pop-up, or drop-down form on your website promoting your event so people can register with just one click. By adding a pop-up to your website that promotes the event, you can give people a simple way to register without having to go to a landing page. For some webinars, we have seen that 20% - 30% of registrants actually come through this pop-up, so don't forget to add this to your marketing mix!
Here is an example of the analytics from a pop-up that was live for just one week promoting a webinar. It was targeted on specific pages of the website to make sure the webinar was relevant to the website visitor. You'll see a 21% click rate to the form, and a 69% conversion once someone views the form.
- Used digital advertising to target the right prospects: Even a small budget can amount to great success for webinar promotion, and this works for both live webinars and on-demand webinars. Through a combination of LinkedIn ads and a Facebook Lead Ad that allows prospects to convert on a form directly in Facebook instead of visiting a landing page, our client saw 122 new contacts to view the on-demand version of the webinar. From there, they are enrolled in a 4-part workflow that sends additional content that would be of interest. You'll see the ad had a 25% conversion rate from click to new contact.
Is your company looking to pivot to webinars? If so, we can help. We invite you to schedule a complimentary marketing consultation with our team to discover how you can integrate inbound marketing to take your webinar strategy to the next level.